Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Orange Balsamic Glaze

Print or download the recipe:
Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Orange Balsamic Glaze

* * *

If you are one of those odd and sadly too common people who hates Brussels sprouts you need to try this recipe anyway. It's crazy good. It might just convert you. (By the way, I've found that most vegetables that are generally boring at best, undergo a miraculous transformation when roasted. Who needs steam? Don't answer that.)


First off, zest an orange. Then juice it into a small saucepan. Add a little sugar (I used white, but half-way through I realized brown would probably be even more amazing) and some balsamic vinegar. Bring this to a boil and cook until it's reduced and leaves a trail when you drag a spatula through it. Then take it off the heat.


Cut the Brussels sprouts in half lengthwise and put them in a small casserole dish. Coat them with extra virgin olive oil, sea salt, and black pepper. Roast them at 425° for about 20 minutes. They'll be tender and crunchy (don't ask me how that works) and rich.


Drizzle the sprouts with the balsamic glaze and garnish with the reserved orange zest. Trust me. You want this. I served them alongside grilled salmon and garlicky pasta, a perfect combination of sweet, tangy, spicy, salty flavors.

1 comment:

  1. I'm big on brussels sprouts - we probably make them every other week or so - and your recipe looks delicious to me! I love that I can download the recipe right from your page; that's super user-friendly! Love the blog and am looking forward to seeing more of your posts!

    ReplyDelete