Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Zesty Asparagus Salad

I might give up on the whole step-by-step photo thing. At least most of the time. Because most of the time the best things I make are things I think up on the spot, like this asparagus salad. So if I keep limiting myself to posting things with step-by-step photos I'm going to keep blogging infrequently. Plus, there are some things I make that are just so simple there's no point to step-by-step photos. Like this asparagus salad, which I served alongside seared chicken breast and fresh-made croutons. It was a light, delicious, and refreshing meal. And pretty!


Here's the recipe:

  • 1 lb. asparagus, trimmed
  • 1 large tomato, thinly wedged (or 1/2 c. grape tomatoes)
  • 3 T. pine nuts, toasted
  • 2 oz. pecorino romano cheese, shaved
  • 1 lemon, juiced
  • 2 cloves garlic, crushed
  • 2 T. olive oil
  • salt & pepper

Blanch the asparagus by submerging it in boiling water for 60 seconds and immediately removing it to an ice water bath. When it is completely chilled, pat the asparagus dry with paper towel and cut in three sections. Add the asparagus to a large bowl with the tomatoes. In a small bowl, whisk together lemon juice, garlic, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Pour over asparagus and tomatoes and toss. Sprinkle pine nuts and cheese shavings over the top. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment